Wednesday, November 4, 2009

MotoBlur ported to G1

Well the devs did it. Moto Blur from the Moto Cliq is around the webs for the G1. I am running it now. I have to say that I am impressed. But even with apps2SD it's a bit choppy. I even followed the directions too. Its just a bit dicey. Little slow, but the features are nice and it does work.

So basically I wiped my phone, I repartitioned my SD card. And there is an easier way yes, you need the Aman-Ra Recovery Image with the automatic partitioning. But we'll go over that another time.

But anyway, once you have a freshly partitioned SD card. Apply the Motorola Blur/S-Blur_1.06.1. It will take a minute to reboot, and you have to have your SIM in the phone or you cannot get online. Because WIFI doesn't work yet. But I give Cheers to these devs for all this hard work. Wish they could port the messaging and widgets to Cyanogenmod.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKED OR DAMAGED PHONES. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FULLY CHARGED BATTERY AND READ THE INSTRUCTIONS A FEW TIMES BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT THIS. IF YOU COME HERE AND TELL ME I BROKE YOUR PHONE, i WILL LAUGH AT YOU.

1. Reboot and hold home.
2. Wipe EXT, Dalvick Cache and data/factory
3. Apply Moto Blur Image
4. Reboot.

You are good to go!


blurblurblurblurblur

To get back to Cyanogen 4.2.9.1, go through the steps to flash the HTC OTA rom and the 4.2.9.1


No comments:

Post a Comment