Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The 3G Wars: We Have A Winner!!

So we all remember Verizon's, "There's a map for that!", commercials last season. But when it really comes down to it who has the best network. Well the research has been done and Verizon really is the heavyweight when it comes to good connections. I personally have T-Mobile with my Nexus One, and I am quite satisfied with the service I receive. AT&T even went as far as to sue Verizon for it's map ads, and with Sprint rolling out 4G, things could get ugly.



Last week I went on a road trip through California for vacation. I thought that this would be an excellent opportunity to see my T-Mobile service compared to the missus Verizon service. Just as advertised, Verizon definitely came in for the win. While T-Mobile bounced from 1G to HSPA+, Verizon held steady on 3G in most of California. Now T-Mobile did hold an HSPA+ signal in all Major Cities we visited, Verizon really only got weak when we started to get into the Sierras. The Verizon 3G on the Motorola Droid was strong enough to do video chat and watch Youtube.

So hopefully Verizon announces the Nexus One soon so I can get up on some of that sweet nationwide 3G.

No comments:

Post a Comment