Monday, March 8, 2010

Motorola Devour, Android Light Weight?

So I have recently started a side job representing for a technology company in Fry's electronics. I figured this would be a good way to run into new technology in general. So I was working at Fry's and I ran into a Motorola rep and he just happened to have a Motorola Devour in his Pocket. Being the nice rep he was, he went ahead and let me give it a once over. The first thing I noticed about this phone was the keyboard, a beautiful G1'esque design. I managed to snap a couple shots while I was checking it out.

The next thing that caught my eye was the Sensor Pad. It worked pretty well, and I also noticed the the phone was quite responsive. I believe a lot of people are going to try to pit this phone against the Droid, but I really don't think it was made to compete with the Droid. Coming out of the gate with Android 1.6 Blurred up by Motorola and a 3 MP camera, this little guy is no match for its older brother the Droid. Although its keyboard may be its saving grace. The devour will be a medium end phone, and perfect for the budget Android shopper. If you are in the market for a more powerful phone, grab the Droid or the Nexus One when it hits Verizon. But if you need a basic, nice looking android phone, I would say go for the Motorola Devour.


No comments:

Post a Comment